Monday, November 1, 2010

A Month of Thankfulness



November 1st. And the first time I have blogged in a looooooooooooooong time! Do you like the new blog design? I got it from the girls at Designer Blogs. They're great, so if you want a new look I recommend you head on over there.

So, I'm forcing blogging back into my schedule with a month of thankfulness. Thanksgiving is my super, very favorite holiday, and not just because I get to eat green bean casserole and pumpkin pie. Although that does make it great. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because it forces me to slow down, take a step back, and remember.

Remember all that I have been given. Remember all I have experienced. Remember my blessings and remember my sufferings. Remember my story. My story as follower of Christ. My story as an American. My story as a woman. My story as a daughter. My story as a sister. My story as a wife. My story as a mother. Remember that He holds me in His hands and He knows my complete story. Remember that my story reflects The Story.

It's too much to remember in one day. Especially when that day is also filled with cooking, eating, watching football, watching parades, playing games, eating more, and planning the  black friday shopping schedule.

So this year I'm going to have a month of remembering. A month of thankfulness, in which I will choose to force my mind to slow down and be thankful. Each day of this month I will be posting something - or maybe somethings - that I am thankful for.

So here goes --

November 1

I am thankful I found my wallet today after losing it for a couple of hours. This morning I ran errands in multiple places. At the last place, when I went to pay I realized I didn't have my wallet. So I went to the car to get it, but it wasn't there. Which started a mild panic. Yet, I was surprisingly calm in handling it. A few minutes into it, I realized I had not prayed. So I slowed down. And I prayed. And then I looked for my wallet. I got in my car and retraced my errand route. And I found my wallet lying on the ground in the parking spot I had parked in 2 hours earlier. In a busy parking lot full of people and traffic in a not so great area. It had not been touched and everything was intact. The way I see it, God, in His kindness to me, protected that wallet lying in the parking lot. My lovely little Coach wristlet had not even been run over! And that's what I'm thankful for today.

How about you?


2 comments:

Dani said...

Love the new blog design! What a great idea about remembering the things to be thankful this month. Today I am thankful that my husband and I are able to car pool to work once in awhile, saving gas and getting to spend extra time together.

Anonymous said...

Loved this post! And the reminder to take some time and think about God's work in our lives past, present, and future. You truly are a great friend!

Steph

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...