Sunday, November 21, 2010

Thankfulness | Day Twenty-One

Today, I am thankful for a good friend who became an impromptu babysitter.

Kip and I had leadership training at church this afternoon, and although childcare was provided, I was hesitant to take Lucy for a couple of reasons. 1.) She has a runny nose, and I was concerned that her immune system might be down and I didn't want her to get sick before our big day of travel on wednesday, and 2.) She kind of threw up during church. It looked more like spit up and was very small, but smelled like vomit.

I was relaying this story to one of my friends, and she responded by offering to babysit. She was planning on a slow day, and said she could hang out at our place and watch Lucy. So, she came over to babysit and Kip and I went to our training. Where, it turns out, there was not a babysitter, and parents rotated in and out each hour watching the kids on a playground. In cold weather. Which would not have worked at all of our little runny-nosed lady.

I'm so thankful God has provided me with great friends who care enough about me to sacrifice their sunday afternoons to help me out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...