Sunday, November 14, 2010

Thankfulness | Day Fourteen

Today I am thankful for snow. Not that we have any. Not yet, anyway. But I am thankful for snow because on my run this morning I was noticing how very unpleasant the landscape is looking. The once beautiful trees along the river have lost their leaves, and they just look dead. And the leaves on the ground are brown, not golden or red like they once were. And the grass is brown. And the sky is gray. and it just looks a little unpleasant. And it got me to thinking that snow makes everything beautiful around here during the winter, and I'm so thankful that God designed everything the way that he did. He didn't have to make snow beautiful, but he chose to. Our God loves beauty and is glorified by nature, and he chose to make snow beautiful to demonstrate His beauty and teach us about himself, and I'm so very thankful for that. Now I'm just waiting for snow to arrive!

1 comments:

Sarah said...

I am still really loving these thankfulness posts Beth!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...