Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thankfulness | Day Eighteen

I'm really thankful for all of the places I have been able to live in and travel to. This country and this world are so amazing with all of the different cultures and immense diversity and I'm just really thankful I've been able to experience so much of it. I have lived in 13 different states and traveled to five different continents! I love that I have been able to experience so many different parts of the world and learn things from each of these different cultures. From Georgia to Washington, D.C. to Seattle to Boston, I have experienced the full range of american culture. I have lived in bible belt and the post-christian cultures of this country and everything in between. I have observed theistic, naturalistic, and transcendental cultures in the various countries I have visited. And in all of it I have gained richly and grown immensely. God has expanded my world and knowledge through my travel, and my love for Him and his creation has grown deeply through these experiences, and for that I am thankful. I am also thankful because I realize that not everyone actually gets to travel to as many places as I have. I actually never thought I would be able to, and when I really sit and think about it I am amazed at all of the things I have been able to do! Here's a few pictures from some of my favorite places:

Gibraltar on our Honeymoon:

The Old City of Jerusalem on a deployment visit:

A market in Malaysia on a teaching trip:

Prince Edward Island on our fifth wedding anniversary:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...