Today I am thankful that I get to live in a country where I can vote and express my opinion on political candidates. I'm thankful that I live in a country where peaceful transition of leadership and political office has happened consistently since this nation's very first election. I'm thankful I can take my little girl to the polling center and explain to her what I'm doing, who I'm voting for, and why I'm voting for them. I'm thankful I can do this as a woman, and I can know that Lucy, in 18 years, as a woman, will be able to vote in this country and express her opinion publicly, too.
For all of the flaws of this country, today, on election day, these are things to be thankful for.
1 comments:
Beth, thank you for doing this! What a great reminder to me to daily think of all I am very, very, very grateful for. Can't wait to keep reading :)
Post a Comment