1.) That God changed my papaw's heart before I was born. He gave his heart to Jesus and it changed his life. I never knew the Papaw before Jesus, but I guess he was very different from what I knew. I knew only an eternally patient and loving man who loved me and would do anything for me
2.) I'm thankful that my papaw stopped smoking years ago. For a long time he was a chain smoker, but he chose to stop smoking and I believe he is alive today because he did.
3.) I'm thankful that Kip has been able to spend time with papaw. Although my grandparents came to my wedding, we didn't have enough free time to really spend time with them. But when I was pregnant Kip and I travelled to Texas and spent a few days with my grandparents. Kip and Papaw got along great! I'm so glad we had that time together.
4.) I'm thankful that Lucy met Papaw. In September 2009, when Lucy was seven months old, my grandparents travelled to Georgia at the same time we did. Papaw loves his grandchildren and he adores his great grandchildren. He and Lucy seemed to have a special bond, and it was hard to tell who was
more enamored.
6.) I'm thankful that my Papaw has a good doctor who is concerned for his care and is continuing to treat him with respect and dignity despite his declining health.
7.) I'm thankful that hospice care has been provided for him so he does not have to live in a nursing home.
I love my Papaw very, very much and I am so incredibly thankful that he has been a part of my life.

0 comments:
Post a Comment