Saturday, November 6, 2010
Thankfulness | Day Five
Sooo . . . I didn't get around to posting yesterday, so here's a little catch up. Yesterday I was thankful for a date night with my Kip. We're in a super busy season of life right now, and we're really having to fight to get time with each other. And we believe that time is important and worth fighting for. Or sacrificing for. So last night we bit the bullet and decided to go ahead and fork over lots of money to a babysitter so we could go out together. And it was totally worth it. As one woman I know, who is in a much later season of life than my own, said to me once, "date nights are cheaper than marriage counseling." And that's our perspective. It might seem expensive, and even like a financial burden, but a strong marriage is worth more than those extra dollars we forked out. I'm glad I have a husband who believes that and reminds me that spending money to have time alone is important and totally worth it. So I'm thankful for that date night with the great man I married.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Thanks for living by example and showing B and I that this is an important thing! We are thankful for your example, love, and encouragement in our lives!
Post a Comment