Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter Sunday

Easter Sunday in Boston was absolutely beautiful! I only wish I had remembered to photograph it better. The day was sunny and in the high 70's, which I guess is unusual for New England, but we felt blessed to be able to wear our spring clothes on our first Easter here. We began the day when the alarm went off at 5:30am. We got up and dressed and walked to Christ the King, the neighborhood PCA church that we do not attend, so that we could attend their sunrise service. It was my first ever sunrise service, and as awesome as it was to be able to wake up and immediately give praise to Christ for the resurrection, I found myself a little disappointed that, 1.) the service occurred about 40 minutes past the actual sunrise, and 2.) the sunrise service was indoors. Still, it was awesome and we'll make it our tradition to attend that service while we live here. After that, I went for an Easter morning run and then came home where we rushed around to get ready to head to our church. 

Some of the rushing was related to finishing these little boxes of chocolate eggs for friends and giving Lucy her Easter basket, which was temporarily forgot amidst my desire for a morning run - oops. 


We don't "do" the Easter bunny at our house - my neighbor asked if we dressed up as a bunny - do people do that? - but we do give an Easter basket. I neglected to get things to put in the plastic eggs, but Lucy didn't mind. She had a great time just opening and closing the empty eggs.


After church we grabbed some burritos from Olecito, our local version of chipotle and headed to Harvard for a picnic. Lucy had a great time playing on the grass and eating tortilla chips.  

Trying to find the perfect chip:
  
Inspecting her choice:

Acceptance:

After a great afternoon, we headed home and I realized I had not taken any picture of Lucy in her Easter dress, so we redressed her and took some mock photos. Silly? Yes. Glad I did it? Absolutely!

Her dress is a 6-9 month old size and was given to her as a gift to wear last summer. I was happy on Sunday morning when I went to her closet to find an outfit for her and discovered that this one, which did not fit her last summer, fit her perfectly on Easter Sunday, at 13 months of age!





2 comments:

Sarah said...

oh my goodness, Beth, she is a CUTIE! She's getting so big!

oh and someone asked us if we did the Easter bunny too... I said, "well my kids get Easter baskets but they know they're from us" :) We don't do Santa either. We are "those parents" I guess :)

InDeeds said...

Hi Beth,
Thanks for your comment on my blog!
I don't have a birth plan officially, but am hoping to find someone who is at least going to be somewhat supportive of avoiding unnecessary intervention (being induced, epidural, etc). This midwife that I saw earlier this week was super-paranoid about everything that could possibly go wrong....so I think at this point I would just like someone who is more optimistic about things!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...