Thursday, April 22, 2010

Bon Appetite!

Kip has been incredibly busy lately with school, and we haven't had a lot of time to spend together. But, last friday night we unexpectedly got a chance to go on a date. We attended a French Cooking class at the Cambridge School of Culinary Arts.

I registered myself for the class a few months ago, after Kip gave me a gift certificate for classes on my birthday.  Originally, we had wanted to take a couples cooking class, but they were booked through the end of summer. I was told; however, that this French cooking class was very similar to the couples classes, so two weeks ago I put Kip on a waiting list for the class. I didn't expect an opening to become available, but about four hours before the class I got an email informing me of an opening.

I scrambled to find a babysitter, and miraculously I did! Two of our dear friends gave up their friday night together to watch our little Lucy! I picked Kip up from school and he was expecting to go home and babysit while I attended the class, but I surprised him with the information that we had a babysitter and a date ahead of us!

We had a great time at the class and learned alot! There were twelve people in the class, and the menu included things like Mussels in Cream Sauce, Chicken Fricassee with Cognac, Individual Beef Wellingtons (these were definitely everyone's favorite!), Pommes Dauphinoise, Fraises Au Poivre Et Au Rouge (Strawberries in a wine sauce, which were really good), and Cream Puffs (which sadly, did not puff, so they became cookies instead). After cooking and plating everything, we all sat down to enjoy good wine, fine French cuisine, and engaging conversation.

It was a fabulous date night, and one we're hoping to do again soon.


2 comments:

Jen and Justin said...

Sounds like a fabulous date night!

Sarah said...

That is AWESOME! Glad you got a date night... and a unique experience too!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...