Monday, March 15, 2010

The Daily Lit

I've been reading a lot lately. In fact, after a quick count of the books I'm going through right now, I discovered to my surprise that I am reading six different books! I've been this way since childhood, and have always loved reading and have always read multiple books at one time.

However, I'm finding that life with a toddler and the busyness of life in general at this time often prevents me from finishing a book as quickly as I might like. One of the six books I'm reading I've actually been reading since December! Hopefully I'll finish that one today, though.

For all of you who love reading and don't find the time to do it as often as you'd like because of kids, or work or whatever your particular kind of busyness is, I thought I would share something I discovered a few months ago.

It's called DailyLit . Now, perhaps this little gem has been around awhile and I have only recently discovered it and it's old news to all of you. But in case it actually is as hidden of a gem as I think it is, I am here to share! DailyLit is a service that will email a book - segment by segment - on a daily basis. In fact, you can actually customize how long you want each segment to be, what time of the day you want to receive it, and what days you want to receive it. And it's all for free!

I get my book segments at 7am on weekdays and use the average length segment size. So far I have read The Picture of Dorian Grey and The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. The latter was only 32 installments, and I had that one delivered on weekends as well as weekdays so I could get through it in a month. I am currently on day 2 of The House of Seven Gables. It's 121 installments, so I'll be with this one awhile.

So, if you wish you had time to read more, but just can't seem to find that time anywhere, give DailyLit a try. Happy reading!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

That's definitely an awesome idea!!

joy said...

Wow--I love that! I also read several books at a time :) Been thinking about an e-reader. Haven't checked in here in a while--hope you are doing well--miss you! Going back and forth between NC & FL--been volunteering at Preg. C. in Asheville and went back to PC Center a couple of times so far.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...