Sunday:
We skipped church. Kip had too much homework and I overslept. Since we never really know the nursery situation at church, it's hard for me to go alone anyway because if I have to keep Lucy with me I won't hear anything.
We called our landlord to see if he would be bringing the new washing machine by, since the other one had broke the week before. He said no. He said he would bring it on tuesday.
We drove an hour to the NH/MA border to meet up with Kip's best friend from the Academy, Dave. We hadn't seen him since 2006, but he was in NH for work so we got to see him. We had a great time sharing a bloomin' onion and good conversation with him.
Monday:
I went to the store to buy more boxers for Kip. All of his were dirty, and buying more seemed a whole lot easier than lugging laundry, quarters, and a baby to a laundromat.
I made some more homemade bread.
Tuesday:
It was dreary and rainy. I read some books and watched some television and played with Lucy.
I worked on wedding programs for my cousin's wedding next weekend. They're looking awesome.
My landlord called to say he couldn't get a new washing machine here until thursday.
We stayed in until my swim class, and then we met up with Kip. He ran over my toes with the stroller and I had an emotional breakdown and decided to skip swim class. It was the best decision I made all day. Instead, we headed to an empty computer room on campus and used the paper cutter to cut all of the programs to size and then went home and I broke my green smoothie diet to eat a real, yummy dinner.
I was disappointed to discover that Lost was a rerun, but Kip wasn't since he had too much homework to watch it, anyway.
Wednesday:
We ran errands.
I started the stamping phase of the wedding programs.
I talked to a couple of friends on the phone.
I did some amazon shopping.
Lucy entertained herself for hours with her wooden blocks, and then I let her watch The Muppet Movie. It was her first time with the Muppets, and really, with Television. She's in love. I think it's with the muppets, but it might just be the TV.
I gave Lucy a bath in the middle of the day after a very dirty diaper followed by her peeing in herself while diaper-less.
I did some more reading.
I put Lucy to bed and met a dear friend at Starbucks for good drinks and good conversation.
I laid awake in bed for a long time after the mistake of ordering a grande caramel macchiato and not making it decaf.
Thursday
I cleaned. A lot.
I worked more on the wedding programs and dried up the ink pad, so I had to go buy a new one.
Lucy took one, teeny tiny nap the whole entire day.
Our landlord came by and replaced the washing machine with another used washing machine.
I started laundry.
I went to swim class and struggled through learning the breaststroke, and then worked out the frustration of that on the elliptical.
I came home to finish the laundry, and discovered that the new washing machine lacks the necessary function to be able to spin.
Kip called the landlord.
Soul Care (our church community group) was cancelled, so I stayed home and watch Grey's Anatomy instead.
Friday
Lucy fell off of the couch for the first time. She only wanted her daddy to comfort her. I needed him to comfort me, too.
After a week of being obsessed with strawberries, today Lucy wants nothing to do with them.
In searching for things for her to eat, I've realized it's time to grocery shop.
I will attempt to finish the stamping phase of the wedding programs.
I might have to go buy even more underwear.
I will clean my bathroom and guest bedroom/study, because my in-laws are coming into town tonight.
I will pray for Kip as he takes a super-big test that has to do with all things propeller.
I will hope we get a working washing machine today or tomorrow I indeed might be lugging laundry and quarters and baby to the laundromat.
I will rejoice that it's friday and be thankful for the beautiful, warm weather after the cold and rainy weather of the past few days.
Have a great weekend, everyone!
Friday, April 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Beth,
I started giggling on Tuesday's meltdown. I'm so sorry! What a week. Laundromats are actually fantastic when you're behind on laundry! Maybe you can get a friend to go with you and help watch Lucy. I find I can get SO MUCH laundry done at the laundry mat in such a short time frame. So glad you documented this... it will be funny to look back and laugh about later.
I like it! It's always interesting to me to find out what happens in the normal, everyday life... rather than just the "big events" that typically get documented. The buying new underwear cracks me up! I would invite you over to do your laundry here if you lived anywhere close by.
Post a Comment