
Yesterday I started the Green Smoothie Challenge! I first heard about this from my friend Noelle, who lives in Seattle. She did the challenge a couple of months ago and it was a great experience for her. So, I've decided to give it a try and I'm currently on day 2. For those of you who don't know, a green smoothie is a smoothie made up of fruits, leafy green vegetables, and water. They have tremendous health benefits and are packed full of vitamins and antioxidants. They also have a toxin eliminating aspect to them as they eliminate all the bad toxins from your bloodstream that can accumulate from eating unhealthy or processed foods. I know this challenge will be hard for me, but I'm determined and I am on a good track for success so far. I experienced a really horrible headache yesterday and a slight one today, but I think that is just the cleansing/elimination process doing its work. I'm hoping that the headaches will end in the next couple of days and I'll begin to experience all of the great benefits of green smoothies!
Day One
I began the challenge with a smoothie that was recommended as a good "starter" because it is sweet and masks the flavor of the greens well. This particular smoothie contains bananas and romaine lettuce.
I put them in the blender and this is what I got:
It was really yummy. Well, if you like bananas, which I do. My husband, who does not like bananas, tried it and his comment was, "It would probably taste really good to me if I liked bananas." It was really sweet and really all I could taste was the banana.
Day Two
Today I decided to get a little more adventurous with my smoothie. First, I tossed some of these into the blender:
Then I added one of these:
And lastly I added some of this nutrient-packed organic baby spinach:
And the smoothie turned out a little less green, and a lot more brown. It wasn't sweet like the smoothie on day one; rather, it had more of a tart taste too it. And I loved it! Lucy did too, when I gave her a few small tastes.
Day Three
Who knows? I'll have to see what I can come up with. I'm thinking some sort of blackberry-banana-spinach combo. I'll be sure to keep you posted!

4 comments:
Beth,
I meant to tell you this the other day... but forgot. As we were looking at Lucy's birthday pictures, we both were amazed at how much weight you've lost! GO BETH!
Jen
These are soooooo good!! You will love the banana, black berries and spinach one! I love to do that one with blue berries. I also have been putting a little bit of ground flax seed in mine for omega 3. Wish I could hang out with you and little Lucy while drinking our smoothies!! Miss you lots gal!
That actually looks really good!! I'm so proud of you for all of the hard work you are doing. You look absolutely fabulous! ....but I've always thought that. We'll have to give this a try sometime, if we ever get a blender. :)
Beth, I'm very impressed! Those smoothies look yummy too!
Post a Comment