Thursday, October 22, 2009

The time we took Lucy on her first camping trip

A couple of weekends ago we headed to the White Mountains of New Hampshire to introduce Lucy to camping and to enjoy the simply amazing colors of a New England fall.



The further we drove into the mountains, the more awestruck I became. The colors were unlike anything I had ever seen! It was just amazing to drive through the mountains and see God's creation full of vibrant colors. What an amazing God we have that he would create a beautiful system that would each year bring beauty to behold before the death to leaves that comes in winter.


We packed our little car full with our tent, sleeping bags, extra blankets, a cooler full of food, and a dog, and off we went! We found the perfect camp sight near the water, where we could listen to the water flow. Kip and Lucy set up the tent, the dog played, and I took pictures.





Lucy and I both debuted our winter hats for the first time this season. Lucy does has some pretty darn cute hats, if I do say so myself. The one she is wearing below was given to her by our friend Shane who bought it at an Alpaca farm in the midwest. It was made by the woman who runs the farm, and she did a great job on it because the cold temperatures don't have a chance at breaking through its warmness. Lucy was snug as a bug throughout the camping trip. She even slept well at night and appeared to be warm. We were very happy for her and wished we could have been a part of that club. But, we froze. We had sleeping bags, a down comforter, body heat and 80 lbs of dog heat (who slept at our feet in the tent) and still we froze. The fire was our best friend. The next morning I think I might have loved it more than I love Kip. But that's okay, because I'm pretty sure he loved the fire more than me at that time too.


We used a lot of firewood, and warm us it did. So, it was a great trip. We were proud of both of babies for being such great campers and we're excited about doing it again. But we're going to wait until after winter.


2 comments:

emily said...

love these pictures!!!!! you got a new camera! maybe i already knew that... anyway, i'm loving the fall colors. glad i can at least experience it through your blog. :) y'all should invest in a little heater for your camping trips! kristie and jeff used theirs earlier this month, and they were toasty inside the tent. (you know, during the brutal florida fall...haha! it actually was pretty cold that weekend!) maybe a heater would enable y'all to not call off camping in the cold altogether. :)

Sarah said...

First of all - amazing pictures! But my oh my Beth you are a BRAVE woman!! I'm so glad the trip went well!!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...