Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The time our blog got a makeover

Makeovers are so much fun, aren't they? In high school I used to go into the mall without any makeup on and after a visit to one of the many make-up counters in Macy's come out looking like a brand new person. I loved it! Or I would go into a store and buy several new outfits and suddenly have a made-over wardrobe. I loved that too!

Well, today neither my face nor my wardrobe got a makeover. I'm sitting here without any makeup and wearing the jeans I wore yesterday paired with an old t-shirt, and my hair was washed yesterday and is in a pony tail today. However, our routine here at home is getting a makeover! I'm in the process or reorganizing and restructuring the way things are done around here. I will be blogging more about that in the coming days. One of the many aspects of this organizational makeover includes a makeover to this blog. A new name, a new look, and a new purpose.

The new name: So, the "Wilkins Weekly" just wasn't cutting it. I mean, let's just be honest. When have I ever been a faithful weekly poster to this sight? It just wasn't accurate and that was bothering me. So the new name: The life and times of our family.

The new look: Living in New England in the fall has really put me in a super-fall mood. It is beautiful here and I have been doing lots of baking with pumpkin and acorn squash, my house smells delicious with all of the pumpkin spice candles I'm burning, and the blog has a new autumn-ish style to it. Clearly, it will be changing again as fall fades, but I just couldn't resist this look for at least a few weeks. The picture was taken this weekend when we went camping in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. Again, that's something I will be blogging about soon.

The new purpose: For the most part I have used this blog to chat about the cute doing of Lucy. And there are lots of those. And I will continue to blog about them all. I have that condition that seems to strike many a new mother, that condition in which I happen to believe from the very bottom of my heart that all pictures of my child are adorable and all of her baby antics are irresistibly cute. However, I want this blog to be more than that. I also want to show my heart in it. I want to discuss the things I am experiencing as a stay at home mom and the emotions I am dealing with, both the good and the bad. I want Lucy to one day be able to read through this blog and see not only a bunch of cute pictures and stories, but also see her mother's heart and be able to gain something for herself from what she reads. So, it is my intention to be honest and real about our life and times around this house.

Whew. There it all is. New name, new look, new purpose.

It's almost 4pm and I haven't eaten lunch and Lucy is currently eating the paper scraps of the Pottery Barn magazine she just shredded to pieces, so for now I need to go eat lunch and prevent my child from eating a second one. I'll be back soon, though!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Yea!! I look forward to reading all about it :)

joy said...

Yep--You've got my interest up now--can't wait. I love the new picture...I'm also loving fall after really not seeing any like this since Bryan! Please inspire us!

Kristie said...

The blog looks great and I can't wait to see and read all you are going to record here for your precious family and our viewing pleasure! I miss you guys and am ready to drive down the street to pick you up for one of our dowtown lunches and a walk. But I will have to be happy with visiting you on here for now. I'm sure your camping trip was so great. We are going camping this weekend and I couldn't be more excited!! Jeff and I are actually going alone and leaving Karina with my folks. I will miss her but also enjoy a weekend away with my man. It is supposed to really cool down and I couldn't be happier about that. Well I will write to you soon so I don't leave a book here on your blog. Love to you my sis in the Lord. Kristie

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...