I had a lovely raspberry protein shake for breakfast this morning and just completed a good workout, and right now I feel like I'm bursting with energy! It's a really great feeling, and I'm going to keep this short so I can be productive around my house while I'm feeling this way. There are piles of laundry and piles of dishes and piles of bills that need attending to and I intend on attending to them today.
Food:
I'm doing so so. I've been faithful in having my shakes for breakfast and mostly in having them for lunch too. I have cheated twice on the lunch bit in the past week, but I made up by having shakes for dinner. And it wasn't even a struggle. I love the way they taste, and I really wanted them. For dinner. It was very odd, even for me, but it's a nice feeling to fill one's body with things that are good for it.
Exercise:
I've had a great long run about two weeks ago, and the next day my foot started hurting pretty badly. And since then I've been limping on and off and exercising on and off. It started feeling better, so I ran a mile and then it stared hurting again. It seems okay when I only do the video, though, so I'm sticking with that. And it's feeling okay right now, so if that feeling holds out, I'm going to run five miles on saturday morning. We'll see how that goes. Sadly, there is no swimming. The class was full, so I can't get in until March 30 and the free swims don't fit into my schedule.
Progress:
One thing I have not been doing is recording my food and workouts. I'm going to try to jump back on that next week, because that would help with things like the cheating I did two days at lunchtime.
As far as losing weight, frustratingly, the gym scale has still not budged from three weeks ago! But I feel like I have lost, or at least toned, and I look smaller to me. I try not to rely too much on the way I perceive that I look, since there have also been times that I have looked bigger to myself than I actually am. Body dysmorphia and all that, and maybe this is the reverse. I must say, I like it better that way, but I'm still trying to work hard and get that scale to actually move.
So, that's where I stand. Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the way things are going. I'm going to stick with this plan through the end of february and then in March I have a whole new idea I'm going to be trying, but it deserves a post of its very own, so more on that later.
Now I'm off to attack those dirty clothes and dirty laundry and unpleasant bills.
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment