Okay, so I just looked, and way back on November 15th I posted about getting organized and how I'd be blogging about my new organizational plan and the purposefulness I am intending in the the spiritual, physical, emotional and mental areas of my life.
I have not forgotten!
I've just been way too busy to implement any of it, so therefore way, way too busy to even think about blogging about it! But we got Kip through finals and then ourselves through the holiday season, and normal routine is about to begin for us. And we are starting out the new year with some changes around here that have to do with that post way back in November.
And this time I WILL be blogging about it. In fact, I'm getting so regimented in this new schedule that I am actually going to be setting aside "blog time" to make sure I devote time to this little space and stop giving it only a mediocre effort.
But more about that later . . .
For now, the first step in being organized and attending to areas of my life that I want to communicate is an aspect of the physical.
I plan to participate in the Body after Baby Challenge that Mama Notes is hosting. I first heard of this challege through my friend Sarah's blog. Her efforts and success in losing her goal weight during the last challenge has inspired me to jump on the bandwagon.
And so here I jump.
I stayed in great shape while pregnant with Lucy, but also gained a significant amount of weight. After she was born I was hoping to lose it quickly, but for various legitimate reasons I was not able to diet or exercise very regularly. I did register to compete in a sprint triathlon last summer, but had to cancel because I was not able to train to the extent that I needed to if I wanted to continue breast feeding Lucy. Which I did.
In November I stopped the breast feeding, which meant my body was mine again for the first time in a year and a half! I thought I would lose the weight quickly, and I have lost a few a pounds and even managed to lose during the holiday season.
But now it's the new year and it's time to get my butt in gear and get serious about this. I tend to be pretty detailed because it really helps me to be so. If you don't know that about me already, you'll figure it out as I start blogging more about the spiritual/emotional/mental organizational plans!
So here are my Body after Baby Goals:
1.) Lose 10 pounds by Lucy's 1st birthday on February 28th
2.) Fit into my favorite pair of pre-pregnancy jeans by Lucy's birthday
3.) Get into a regular workout routine that includes swimming, running, and strength training
And here is my body after baby Plan:
Food:
1.) Eat the raw veggie cereal for breakfast at least five days a week
2.) Eat two snacks a day - one of applesauce and one of yogurt - at least five days a week
3.) Drink protein shakes for lunch at least five days a week
4.) Eat dinners from the Diet for Life cookbook
5.) Don't eat desserts AT ALL
6.) Don't drink carbonated drinks at all
7.) Increase the amount of water I drink
8.) Keep a daily log of what I eat and drink
Exercise:
1.) Workout with Stroller Strides one day a week
2.) Complete the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred video at least 5 times a week
3.) Swim/workout/run at least one day a week
4.) Increase my running mileage
5.) Keep a daily log of the workouts I do, how I feel, energy level, etc.
So! That's the plan. I'll be updating the blog weekly with my progress. I don't have a scale at home, so I will not being weighing myself too often, but will try to remember to do so when I'm at the gym. I would love accountability from all of you - and I will in turn be being brutally honest about my progress on here!
Happy baby after body-ness!
Thursday, December 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
You look beautiful as is! Good luck!
Oooohhhh the beautiful pre-preg jeans!! I remember the first time I wore them again after my first baby- such a great feeling!! (Even if I did have to use an extender to get the button shut... still counts!)
Anyway, we're in this together!
Yea Beth! Always better to do this with friends. :) I am JUST now starting to fit into my fav pair of pre (twins) pregnancy jeans... still a bit snug, but man I love them just as much as I did then :) Your goals are so hardcore, I have NO DOUBT that you'll drop the 10 lbs.
Good luck! Keeping a log of what you eat is a great idea.
Accountability and support are essential, that's why we're here!
You can do it!!! I can tell you with both the kids, committing to a certain amount of time to diet or eat smart really helped me shed the weight! You'll do great, and it'll show! Looking forward to reading more about it. GO Beth! :-)
Post a Comment