It's November 19th and so far the only day I've actually recorded my thankfulness was way back on November 1st. This month has gotten away from me. I've been busy and I've been overwhelmed and I've been exhausted. This month has by far been the hardest weeks I've experienced since becoming a mom of two. It's also been one of the hardest and most draining months for Kip's studies, so we haven't seen much of each other. I haven't done as much baking as I would have liked, and I haven't done as me fall and Thanksgiving projects for myself or with Lucy as I would have liked. Lucy and I did make a Thanksgiving tree, though, and we've been keeping up with that, adding a leaf each day with something new we're thankful for. So I thought today, I would share some of the things Lucy is thankful for and that we have recorded on our tree.
Lucy's list:
Baby worms
Mommy and Daddy worms
Her old hurt green car (the Jetta was got rid of 15 months ago!)
Blue sticky goo (the sticky tack we use to hang the leaves on the wall)
Baby Rud
Pretty leaves
Papa's two boats
Her pink baby (her imaginary child in utero)
Does it need saying that I'm thankful for Lucy?! I mean, how could I not be thankful for the sweet, innocent, loving little girl so full of imagination and complete with a love of adventure that I've been blessed with? She's amazing. I am so blessed to have this little lady in my life. My heart melts when I blow her kisses and she catches them and puts them in her pockets to save for later. I laugh with joy when I hear her in her bed at nap time yelling "Land Ho!" and other boat like things that her Daddy is teaching her. I am moved to tears when I see her loving her little brother and comforting on her own without the suggestion from me. I am so thankful to God for my Lucy.
And even though I haven't been recording them this month, there are lots of things I've been thankful for and I have such a heart of gratitude in this season for so much I have been given and able to experience. So here's a list of a few other things that I'm thankful for right now.
A husband who loves me, love our kids, and serves us daily
My two littles who are just both amazing in their own ways
Seeing lots of Wilkins family this month
An amazing rehearsal dinner full of beauty and creativity
Having a new sister and the beautiful wedding of Cait and Chase
Good talks with old friends
Annapolis
Boston in the fall, complete with walks through the public gardens, leaves falling on my head, the amazing tree in front of my church, collecting leaves, drinking pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin bread, soup, and crisp weather. There are few things better than Boston in the fall.
Good books that encourage my heart
Conversations with my husband that we sneak in amidst the chaos that is our November
The sounds of laughter coming from the other room where Lucy and Kip are playing together
Allowing myself to listen to Christmas music before Thanksgiving
That my heart is now, finally, feeling ready for cold weather and a Boston winter
I could go on and on . . . and I might do that in the coming days. Or I might get to busy and decide that quality time with my family is more important that blogging. Because I'm so thankful to have a family that enjoys living life together. And I don't want to miss that.
Happy Thanksgiving, friends!

Lucy's list:
Baby worms
Mommy and Daddy worms
Her old hurt green car (the Jetta was got rid of 15 months ago!)
Blue sticky goo (the sticky tack we use to hang the leaves on the wall)
Baby Rud
Pretty leaves
Papa's two boats
Her pink baby (her imaginary child in utero)
Does it need saying that I'm thankful for Lucy?! I mean, how could I not be thankful for the sweet, innocent, loving little girl so full of imagination and complete with a love of adventure that I've been blessed with? She's amazing. I am so blessed to have this little lady in my life. My heart melts when I blow her kisses and she catches them and puts them in her pockets to save for later. I laugh with joy when I hear her in her bed at nap time yelling "Land Ho!" and other boat like things that her Daddy is teaching her. I am moved to tears when I see her loving her little brother and comforting on her own without the suggestion from me. I am so thankful to God for my Lucy.
And even though I haven't been recording them this month, there are lots of things I've been thankful for and I have such a heart of gratitude in this season for so much I have been given and able to experience. So here's a list of a few other things that I'm thankful for right now.
A husband who loves me, love our kids, and serves us daily
My two littles who are just both amazing in their own ways
Seeing lots of Wilkins family this month
An amazing rehearsal dinner full of beauty and creativity
Having a new sister and the beautiful wedding of Cait and Chase
Good talks with old friends
Annapolis
Boston in the fall, complete with walks through the public gardens, leaves falling on my head, the amazing tree in front of my church, collecting leaves, drinking pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin bread, soup, and crisp weather. There are few things better than Boston in the fall.
Good books that encourage my heart
Conversations with my husband that we sneak in amidst the chaos that is our November
The sounds of laughter coming from the other room where Lucy and Kip are playing together
Allowing myself to listen to Christmas music before Thanksgiving
That my heart is now, finally, feeling ready for cold weather and a Boston winter
I could go on and on . . . and I might do that in the coming days. Or I might get to busy and decide that quality time with my family is more important that blogging. Because I'm so thankful to have a family that enjoys living life together. And I don't want to miss that.
Happy Thanksgiving, friends!


5 comments:
There is nothing in this post that I don't absolutely LOVE! Precious things to be thankful for... what a full and beautiful life God has given you! Love you friend!
Happy Thanksgiving Beth!
Loved this post :). Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!
Just wanted to wish you a very merry Christmas :)
oh great nice to read it feels good sound's, came after change my beautiful uniform .....
Post a Comment