Lucy turned two this week and we had a great time celebrating. She's very into ducks these days, so ducks were the theme of the party. I'll share more about that later, but for now, here's a little tutorial on how to make the cutest duck cupcakes ever.
Step 1:
Start by making these delicious little cupcakes, but only fill the cups about half full. Once they cool, dirty ice them with canned vanilla icing.

Step 1:
Start by making these delicious little cupcakes, but only fill the cups about half full. Once they cool, dirty ice them with canned vanilla icing.
Step 2:
Cut large marshmallows in half diagonally, and stick them on the cupcakes sticky side up. Then stick donut holes on the cupcakes and "glue" with icing. Stick in the freezer for at least 30 minutes. Ours were in there about 2 hours.
Step 3:
Heat canned icing in the microwave for a few seconds at a time, until it's runny and drips off of a spoon. When it gets to the right consistency, add yellow food coloring. Then dip the entire cupcake into the icing to cover, and allow the extra to drip off.
Step 4:
Stick circus peanuts that have been molded into beaks into the front of the donut holes. Sorry this picture is blurry - it's the only one I have.
Step 5: Once the icing has dried, put two icing dots on the donut hole for eyes, and stick miniature brown m&m's on top of the icing dots.
Step 6:
Make a few with tails and feet instead of heads. Bottoms up!
Step 7:
Line them up for a picture, and then put them in the refrigerator. Ours were in there overnight, and it really helped improve the overall finished look.
Step 8:
Put on a cute display stand!


7 comments:
Oh Beth! Were you just so pleased with how these turned out? Have you made them before? I just showed Beau and we are both in awe. Well done!
Those are some seriously adorable duck cupcakes! Nice work!
Hi,
I was googling duck cupcakes in anticipation of our tweener's birthday and was so blessed by your site. I feel encouraged ( and a bit convicted) to put my faith in the forefront of my little bloggy. Would love to direct people from my Gluten Free site to your how to guide to these cuties... Would you mind?
Thank you !
Dana B
Dana - glad you liked this little blog and hope the tutorial is helpful to you! Feel free the link back to this post. Beth
Love it!!!!!!! Great job! I bought some duck cupcake picks with liners but I wanted something different. Glad I found your site!
uhfdgiuhfuhufg
these are most wonderful things I have ever seen!
and such a helpful tutorial
Post a Comment