So last week I didn't even post an update for Body After Baby. That was partly because it was a c-razy week and by the time I got to even thinking about posting the link had expired over on MamaNotes blog, and it was partly because it was a bad week and I didn't feel like re-hashing it.
I just felt like I was snacking little bits between meals and I had two mini-desserts. Not a huge deal. It was really more of my attitude and internal struggling that made it such a bad week.
This week, things have gone much better. I have been on program with food and exercise through today, but tomorrow I'm heading out of town for the weekend, so who knows how that will go. I'm going to focus on not overeating.
Eating:
I haven't been snacking, I have been dieting, and I feel satisfied. I did get a little worn out on the cereal, so I'm trying out shakes, and it's been the change I needed this week.
Exercise:
This is going pretty well, I think. I'm keeping up with the shred video, maintaining my goal to hit up stroller strides once a week, I've ridden my bike on the trainer in house, and I've been running and have increased my mileage. Swim classes begin next week. I'm doing a baby swim class with Lucy, but I hardly think going in circles and teaching her to jump of the side of the pool counts as exercise. Maybe for her, since she took a 2 hour nap today . . . something she never does.
Overall:
I am trying not to be discouraged this week. I've been dieting well for the most part and done some crazy workouts. But today when I weighed myself I weighed the exact same thing as last week! And even last week it was more than I was hoping. It's so easy to find myself feeling that what I'm doing is pointless and why am I even putting myself through all of this if there are no benefits? Those feelings can easily get out of control and start a quick downward motion with me. That's why I'm trying to train my thoughts to recognize that what I am doing is good for my body even if it doesn't make the number on the scale go down. But still, somewhat (or maybe very) discouraging.
Weekly question:
I think last week we were supposed to mention our favorite snack, and since I didn't post I'm going to answer this week since I have a great and unusual snack I enjoy. I LOVE Kale chips, and they're an amazingly healthy snack. For me it's all about the texture, and I love the crunch I get from these and I could easily replace potato chips with these. So, I suggest YOU give them a try.
Love to Eat, Hate to Eat
It's midnight and I have an early flight tomorrow and clothes washing and packing still to do. So, I will do a long post on it next week when I return from vacation. Right now, I just don't possess the emotional and mental strength or will to think through it! Does that make me a bad blogger?!
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Hang in there! You're doing great my friend!
Post a Comment