Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Never leave your child unattended . . .


 . . . of you might miss her roll over!

Lucy rolled from her back to her tummy twice when she was 7 weeks old, and it hasn't happened since. I've tried to show her how to roll from her tummy to her back and from her back to her tummy multiple times. She hasn't seemed interested at all.

So Saturday morning I laid her on her back on the floor gym and Kip and I briefly went into another room. We heard her making all kinds of sounds, so Kip went to check on her and she was on her tummy!

We missed it! I guess we have a sneaky one who's going to try to surprise us with things. Even though we missed it, we got to see it happen again just a few minutes later. I guess babies normally roll from their tummies to their backs first. Lucy just likes to be a little different from everyone else though. She has yet to do that, but if you put her on her back she'll be on her tummy in a matter of seconds. 

We left our battery to the camera with the video option in Maryland, so I can't take video right now, but here are a few pictures I managed to snap of her rolling over. Not the best quality, but what can I say, the little lady is fast!







2 comments:

Erica said...

Great photos capturing her new move! It is amazing seeing children grow and develop. Good job Lucy!

Sarah said...

What a cutie!! Great pictures! Love that she waited until you walked out of the room... funny how that happens! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...