Sunday, February 15, 2009

The past couple of months . . .

Okay, so despite all of my best intentions, we're halfway through february and I have yet to update this blog since posting the Christmas letter. I have some thoughts about some things to post, but for now, here's a quick summation of the past two months, so I can at least say I've posted something!

We spent Christmas in Georgia with my family and had a great time. I got Kip a Wii, and we took it to Atlanta and even got my mom to play! We stayed at her place with her, and were happy to be able to spend some time with her.

I celebrated my golden birthday at the end of December when I turned 29 on the 29th. We went to Destin and had a great day. We saw Marley and Me and I cried like a baby. 

My sister gave me my first baby shower in Atlanta on January 17th. We had a great time, and I am blessed to have her in my life. She is a great mom and an inspiration to me as I prepare to enter the world of motherhood. She took special care to make the shower special for me and made it an "expectant mommy" theme with the cute balloons, plates, and cups. Alot of family helped out to make it a special day, and Drew and Lindsey drove down from St. Louis to come, too!



The last weekend in January I flew to Maryland, despite being 36 weeks pregnant. Lindsey (my sister-in-law) and I threw a bridal shower for our soon to be sister, Lindsay. It was so much fun, and we all had a great time. 

The next day, Kip's family gave me a baby shower. Lindsey put a ton of work into it and I was blessed by her care for us. One special thing she did was have each guest make a birthday card for the baby, so I now have a special card to give to our child from years 1-20. Everyone had fun doing it, and it is so special to see all the things people wrote in the cards and their prayers for our baby.

We finished birthing classes, and now we're waiting for baby Wilkins' to arrive. I created a poll to the right, so be sure to cast your vote on whether we're having a boy or a girl! The picture below is the matte that everyone at the showers has filled out with their guess of gender, birthday, and weight. I think boy is winning right now, but if Kip is right we'll have a little girl before too long. 

That's pretty much where we are now, so I promise to make the next post more exciting and include some thoughts beyond a mere update of our lives.  

2 comments:

Jen and Justin said...

I'm voting for a little boy! So glad to hear you're enjoying these last few precious weeks before the baby comes.

erin w. said...

YAY, a new post!! I think it might be a little boy, but I'm kinda hoping for a girl for ya'll. I can't wait to see the little sprout, whatever he/she may be. :-)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...